Credits and Attribution
Planapple was created by Pete Rice and Mike Edmunds with invaluable design help from Andy Dahley, Laura Greenwald at Chickymonkey Studio, John Bove, and VisualPharm; and marketing help (and alliteration assistance) from Carrie Scott.
Some icons are from a collection by Joseph Wain at glyphish.com.
Some icons adapted from The Noun Project collection: “airplane” symbol; “car” symbol by Geremy Good; “hotel” symbol by the U.S. National Park Service; “information” symbol by Sven Hofmann; “community”, “idea”, and “sunrise” symbols by The Noun Project.
Weather forecast icons are adapted from Forecast Font.
Some geographic data is from GeoNames.
Cross references and data enrichment by Factual.
If you think our weather widget backgrounds are nifty, you'll like the original pictures even more. Planapple's weather images are adapted from these photographs—check them out:
- Cloudy Day, based on “Sunny Sky” by Lindsey Bieda
- Rainy Day, based on “False Rain” by Alastair Rae
- Snowy Day, based on “Falling snow” by Lee Haywood
- Stormy Day, based on “Lightning” by ravedelay
- Sunny Day, based on “Sunny Sky over Lake Michigan” by Anne Hornyak
- Clear Night, based on “Moon” by Jason Burmeister
- Cloudy Night, based on “Spooky Moon” by Ray Bodden
- Rainy Night, based on “Rainy rainy winter night..” by Sebastian Mary
- Snowy Night, based on “Snow Fall” by Cameron Parkins
- Stormy Night, based on “Lightning” by Alexandre Breveglieri
We thank these photographers for making their work available, and apologize if we've cropped, stretched, or filtered the photos beyond recognition. The attribution provided here is not meant to suggest these individuals endorse Planapple or our adaptations of their photographs.
We obtained the source photographs under a Creative Commons license, and are happy to make our adaptations available to you under the same terms. Planapple's weather background images listed above are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Please provide attribution to both Planapple, Inc. and the original photographers if you use these images elsewhere.